Saturday, January 1, 2000

Any Requests?

Having been a radio DJ, I often took requests from listeners. So, why not here? Let me know your fav song(s) with a TG theme. I'll do the research. You check back in a few and your song will be featured. Just leave me a comment with any suggestions.

Oh, and thanks to Nicky for the fab idea!

24 comments:

  1. Boys and Girls by Blur, please !

    Girls who are boys who like boys to be girls who do boys like they're girls who do girls like they're boys.......

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about "Truck Driving Song" by Weird Al Yankovic?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Bog98DVi8&feature=related

    Or Dude Looks Like a Lady by Aerosmith. Both a bit silly perhaps, but very creative

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Ones by Suede please!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPFd-CHLaAA
    Whilst not particularly TG, Brett mentions Drag acts or gay sex in most of his songs. When I was in my 20s it pointed briefly to a life outside my humdrum existence, so I loved it.
    I also *really* love the guitar sound, which to me is as iconic as The Smiths, and never been beaten.
    I always thought he had a great look as well.
    Animal Nitrate was their breakthrough song, but was banned in the UK for showing two guys kissing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Ones, by Suede, coming up...right after this brief commercial break, Nicky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm...

    An obvious one is Joan Jett's cover of The Replacements' "Androgynous", which can be seen here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC6x_SgSLJ8

    which also has a nice walk-on by X's John Doe.

    I'd also recommend Van Morrison's "Madame George" from Astral Weeks, though I can't find a video of it. I blipped it on my Blip.fm account a couple of weeks ago, though. http://blip.fm/ChristianneCharity/blip/10427338

    I like the aim of this blog, btw. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great suggestions, dr.morbius! Thanks!

    I had totally forgotten about Madame George, and I do have the album.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have done your homework, but forgot one. Arnold Layne..by Pink Floyd. It is about a crossdresser who steals women's clothing from clothes lines and wsa caught! He faced prison was was let off on with a fine..based on a true story in the 60's. The original Pink Floyd composed the tune and was a minor hit in 1967.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Linda!!! Another one I did not think of!

    Calie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't forget Lou Reed's Walk on the Wild Side.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How can we ever forget Walk on the Wild Side! But I did. Thanks, Angela!

    Calie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Calie,

    Fantastic blog! How about "Have You Seen Jackie" by the Dukes of Stratosphear (XTC performing under another name). Here's a link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lisun0lCD8w

    ReplyDelete
  12. A new one for me, Tiresias. Thanks! Like your name! - Calie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Velvet Underground - Candy Says. I love to play this and sing along.

    (D, F#m , F (beautiful), B , Em, A, D, A) x2
    (D, G, E, A) x2
    C, G, A ,C

    ReplyDelete
  14. Also although not directly a T-tune I would like to put a word in for Lou Reeds Coney Island Baby.

    His girlfriend at the time was a beautiful transgender, her picture is on the sleeve or cover of the album. It really gets to me when he says at the end of the track "oh Rachel, I swear I'd give the whole thing up for you"

    ReplyDelete
  15. ... obviously I meant to type " beautiful transgender girl" , keyboard troble

    ReplyDelete
  16. ... Oh and David Bowie - Lady Stardust ...

    People stared at the the make-up on his face,
    Laughed at his long black hair and his animal grace,
    The boy in the bright blue jeans got up on the stage,
    And Lady Stardust sang his song of darkness and disgrace.

    ... but I particularly like the line ...

    I smiled sadly for a love I could not obey

    Rachel X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the requests, Rachel. I think I have them in my own collection. And, thanks for visiting my site!!!

    Calie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Madonna - What it feels like for a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Here's a few records that I'd like you to consider having transgender dreams in them (I'm sure they where not written as/for transgender but could be...) First two could singing of his other self in his mind
    Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazlewood Some Velvet Morning
    Tommy James & the Shondells Mirage
    last one could be after a party nite?
    Marrilee Rush Angel of the Morning
    Would be interested in you thoughts.....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bob Rivers ~ Walking Around in Women's Underwear

    Lyrics here:
    http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/b/bob_rivers/walking_around_in_womens_underwear.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Steph, Mrs, and Meg for the suggestions. I have been very busy at work and with my other blogs, so haven't had the time to update this one lately...but I will!

    Calie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. "Which is the Girl? Which is the Boy?"

    Stan Freberg wrote some "folk songs for our time" [1966]. This one describes the difficulty telling the boys from the girls.

    Lyrics here:

    http://dmdb.org/lyrics/freberg.underground.html#B3-4

    Which is the girl?
    Which is the boy?
    Which one is Blanche?
    Which one is Roy?

    What a dillemma
    With their duplicate hair
    Just when you think you've kissed Blanche
    You discover that's Blanche over there

    ReplyDelete
  23. There is a song called "Fearless 'Peaches'" by a gothic band named Audra.

    As well, there is "Nancy Boy" by Placebo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good stuff, SPD. Thanks!

    Calie

    ReplyDelete