Sunday, June 7, 2009

Terrorvision - Josephine

It took a while to click,
But then I got the gist.
The girl by my side (by my side),
Was the guy I've missed (was the guy I've missed).

Here's a catchy tune with really cute lyrics.



Simple lyrics. Nothing deep. It's about a guy and his best guy friend who then became his girlfriend. I love this line:

I took her for a beer,
To talk about old times,
Just to find the beer, dear,
Was now a sweet white wine.

The song dates back to 1998 and made it to number 23 on the British charts. You can find it on the Shaving Peaches album, their fourth.




Not much to say about this group. I'd love to know how they came up with that god-awful name. Here's what Wikipedia has to say:

Terrorvision are an English rock band. They were formed in 1987 (originally as The Spoilt Bratz) in Keighley, disbanding in 2001. The band used Bradford as a base after the name change to Terrorvision, by which time the band members had left home and all moved there.

The Lyrics:

I had a friend called Joe,
When friends were hard to find.
He had a restless soul,
And something on his mind.

One day I went away,
And then returned to the scene,
Not to find restless Joe, no,
But to find Josephine.

I asked her what her name was
She said Joe had left the city
I asked her what her name was
She said... They call me Josephine.
Josephine. Josephine.

It took a while to click,
But then I got the gist.
The girl by my side (by my side),
Was the guy I've missed (was the guy I've missed).

I took her for a beer,
To talk about old times,
Just to find the beer, dear,
Was now a sweet white wine.

I asked her what her name was
She said Joe had left the city
I asked her what her name was
She said they call me Josephine.
Josephine. Josephine. Josephine.

So we talked all night,
And I just can't pretend,
Although I lost old Joe, yo,
I got a new girlfriend (I got a new girlfriend).

I asked her what her name was
She said Joe had left the city
I asked her what her name was
She said they call me Josephine.
Josephine. Josephine.
Josephine. Josephine.

6 comments:

  1. Wow.... Great!

    I missed that one first time around...

    nice post...

    chrissie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chrissie girl! I like your taste in music. Surely you must have some "tunes" I can post!

    Love ya!

    Calie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if it's art, but i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I just found this Calie :-) This so rocks lol!! Can I adopt it?! xx

    (PS Did you manage to find your way into my blog...I'm not sure if you got an invite or not as it's private?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you like it, Josephine! Now find me a Calie TG song!

    Still waiting for that invite, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spooky, I was just thinking of this track today. It's a corking little number. :)

    Terrorvision were (are?) a great band. They shifted styles a few times, always flirting with the rock end of the pop market. I've got two of their albums lurking somewhere on the shelves... I think it might be time for a bit of retro-pop :)

    ReplyDelete